查看: 2008|回复: 10

[不限流量] 被收购之后,cPanel 计划针对合作伙伴与代理商涨价

[复制链接]
发表于 2019-6-28 07:32:20 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
详情见:https://forums.cpanel.net/pages/partners/

考虑到 Plesk 与 cPanel 现在属于同一家母公司,接下来也可能会收割一波。

国产 BT 加油吧!

cPanel Partners and Distributors FAQ

Why are we changing our pricing structure?

We want to simplify the process of adding new servers and make it easier to become a cPanel customer. Additionally, it is important for us to provide licenses that target smaller instances opening up a new revenue opportunity for our Partners.

When cPanel defined its original pricing structure, some twenty plus years ago, servers were only powerful enough to host a few sites. Thanks to constant innovation in the hardware sector and optimization in our software, we can now run hundreds of websites on a single processor system. With this change, we align ourselves with this growing technology.

As the company has evolved, cPanel has added more development resources, more structure, and more brain power that, in turn, makes it possible to take on an increasing number of development projects. Adjusting our prices will ensure that we can continue to invest in product development, thrive in an increasingly hostile security landscape, grow our customer ecosystem, and remain a leader in hosting automation.

Which prices are changing?
We are adjusting the prices of all cPanel licenses sold to our Partners, Distributors, and cPanel Store Customers.

Will I see any benefits from this updated pricing structure?
Yes. By continuing to refine cPanel's focus on the user experience and taking into consideration cPanel Account density per instance, cPanel Partners and customers will be able to provision their hosting infrastructure more effectively.

Customers with a lower cPanel Account density will also see benefits in performance, resource utilization, and in some cases, a reduction in their invoicing as well.

Will cPanel be making any other pricing changes in the future?
All companies, including cPanel, review, and if necessary, change their pricing.

What is a cPanel Account or User?
A cPanel Account often called a cPanel user, is an Account created by the root administrator or reseller, who logs into the cPanel interface to manage their website.

Why are we moving to a per cPanel Account model?
By moving to a per cPanel Account model, we are providing you with the tools to more effectively use a finite amount of computing resources, and only be billed for the number of cPanel Accounts that you have.

What new pricing packages are available?
cPanel Solo Cloud
cPanel Admin Cloud
cPanel Pro Cloud
cPanel Premier Cloud
cPanel Premier Metal

Are any existing packages changing?
Effective Thursday, June 27, 2019, we will no longer offer yearly or multi-year cPanel licenses.

What happens to my existing one-year, two-year, and three-year year licenses?
Your existing one-year, two-year, or three-year license will remain active for the remainder of their term.

What if I’d like to host more than one hundred cPanel Accounts on my server?
Partners can still host more than one hundred cPanel Accounts on their servers. Bulk Account pricing starts at the 101st cPanel Account at the cPanel Store price of twenty cents per additional cPanel Account.

Partners, get a fifty percent discount, putting Bulk Account pricing at just ten cents per cPanel Account. Bulk Accounts are not eligible for any additional discounts. For example, a server on the cPanel Premier Cloud Package with 301 cPanel Accounts is billed for 201 Bulk Accounts.

What if I’m concerned about my reseller or customer adding too many sites?
Partners who want to allow cPanel Accounts to be created as needed can take advantage of Auto-Scaling. If you would like to prevent the addition of Accounts over the limit of the License Tier, select a Fixed Package. Partners should contact cPanel Customer Service to set up fixed packages.

How does cPanel determine which Package is right for my server?
Without using a Fixed License, the default behavior is to Auto-Scale pricing. When an Auto-Scaling package is selected, during monthly invoicing Partners will be invoiced for the package that accommodates the number of Accounts on the server. There is no need to upgrade or downgrade packages, and Partners are only billed for the package that best accommodates the number of Accounts they have.

What is bundling?
A simplified explanation of Bundling would be that Partners must offer a cPanel & WHM license at no additional cost to their customers in qualifying environments and that cPanel & WHM must be the pre-selected choice for their customers.

I’d like to bundle and get access to cPanel Solo Cloud. How do I get started?
Contact your dedicated Account Manager to get the process started.

How often do servers report the number of cPanel Accounts to the licensing system?
Account usage is reported when the server updates its license. License check-ins typically occur every 8-48 hours, depending on the version of cPanel. For more information on how to force a license check-in, please see: https://go.cpanel.net/fixlicenseissues

How can I monitor and audit the number of cPanel Accounts a cPanel server?
There are multiple ways to see the number of users on your server and to interact with those accounts. To see a total number of accounts, use the WHMAPI call: https://go.cpanel.net/getcurrentusers

cPanel Technical Analysts have created some tutorials to assist with cPanel Account auditing:
https://go.cpanel.net/whmcsaccountscript
https://go.cpanel.net/findabandonedaccounts

Who do I speak to if I have questions?
Your dedicated Account Manager will be your best point of contact for any questions. If you are unsure of who this is, you will find this information located in the upper left corner of the Manage2 interface, at this link: https://manage2.cpanel.net

Glossary of Terms
Account Based Licensing: The new license types are based on the number of Accounts hosted on a server.
Auto-Scaling: The seamless transition between Tiers based on the number of Accounts on the server at the time of invoicing: the 15th of each month.
Bulk Accounts: Any Account on a cPanel & WHM server over 100 Accounts is considered a Bulk Account.
Bundling: Occurs when Partners offer a cPanel & WHM license at no additional cost to their customers in qualifying environments, when cPanel & WHM is the pre-selected choice for their customers, and they sign a Bundling Agreement.
cPanel Certified Partner: A PartnerNOC who has achieved cPanel Certified Partner status by completing the requirements of the cPanel Certified Partner Program.
Cloud: A license for a virtual private server (VPS) or a virtual machine sold as a service by an Internet hosting provider.
cPanel Account or User: A cPanel Account often called a cPanel user, is an Account created by the root administrator or reseller, who logs into the cPanel interface to manage their website.
Distributor: A PartnerNOC who has entered into a Distributor Amendment with cPanel. A Distributor Amendment gives the PartnerNOC the ability to resell cPanel products on external servers.
External License: Licenses other than Internal Licenses.
Fixed Package: A fixed package is a package that limits the server to a fixed quantity of Accounts. Fixed packages are not available when selecting cPanel Solo.
Internal License: cPanel-approved License owned or leased and operated by the PartnerNOC located within a cPanel-approved facility owned and operated by the PartnerNOC.
Metal: A license for a physical dedicated server in which the client leases an entire server not shared with anyone else.
Packages: A combination of license type and Tier.
PartnerNOC: A cPanel customer who has entered into a PartnerNOC Agreement with cPanel. A PartnerNOC Agreement is only available to certain cPanel customers who, among other things, maintain their own servers.
Tier: A specific named license such as: Solo, Admin, Pro, or Premier.
发表于 2019-6-28 07:43:21 | 显示全部楼层
会用的还是会用~不用的依然不用
发表于 2019-6-28 08:24:51 | 显示全部楼层
DA又太辣鸡。
发表于 2019-6-28 08:28:17 来自手机 | 显示全部楼层
hxuf 发表于 2019-6-28 08:24
DA又太辣鸡。

da挺好啊
发表于 2019-6-28 08:34:22 | 显示全部楼层
cPanel DirectAdmin Plesk  ISPmanager InterWorx 没有什么能竞争的了
发表于 2019-6-28 08:55:42 | 显示全部楼层
靠,它这样是垄断啊
发表于 2019-6-28 09:17:17 | 显示全部楼层
directadmin挺不错的啊。
发表于 2019-6-28 09:53:46 | 显示全部楼层

da个人用挺好的,cpanel适合商用虚拟主机
发表于 2019-6-28 11:32:06 | 显示全部楼层
DirectAdmin好用.
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|全球主机交流论坛

GMT+8, 2024-4-24 22:25 , Processed in 0.062726 second(s), 8 queries , Gzip On, MemCache On.